Nominations for the prestigious CWIEME Global Awards 2019 - sponsored by DuPont - are now closed and category finalists have been revealed. Winners will be announced during a presentation ceremony at CWIEME Berlin on May 22nd.
London, UK, May 9, 2019 - CWIEME Berlin, the world’s largest event dedicated to coil winding, electric motors, transformers and generators, is delighted to announce the category finalists for the CWIEME Global Awards 2019 in partnership with DuPont. The shortlist has been decided by a jury of industry experts from companies including Altair, DuPont, LG, Tesla, and Valeo Siemens eAutomotive.
The CWIEME Global Awards will be given out across six categories: Product of the Year, Evolution 4.0, Start-up of the Year, Outstanding Contribution to Industry, and – for the first time – best E-Motor Design of the year in partnership with DuPont.
A Grand Prix ‘Winner of Winners’ award will also be announced on the night.
The following entries are shortlisted:
Product of the Year
- Self-Healing Epoxy Resin System by Aditya Birla Chemicals, Thailand
- Voltatex 4224 by Axalta Coating Systems Austria GmbH, Austria
- The Sustainable High-Performance Rotor by breuckmann eMobility GmbH, Germany
- The RAL Automatic Coil Former by CAM Innovation, USA
- Fully Automatic Toroid Winding Machine by Jovil Universal LLC, USA
- TO 45 VELOCE by L.A.E. Srl, Italy
- AiCARE - AIDA Information Care System by AIDA, Japan
- The MDS - Portable Inertia Dyno by Motor Diagnostic Systems, USA
- Oxyhydrogen gas generator for brazing by OXYWELD SNC, Italy
Start Up of the Year
- HyperPoland, Poland
- Volabo, Germany
Outstanding Contribution to Industry
- George McKay, Business Development Manager, Tempel, USA
- Carlo Motta, Area Sales Manager, bdtronic GmbH, Italy
- Dave Staton, Founder & Company President, Motor Design Ltd, UK
E-Motor Design of the Year in partnership with DuPont
- Resistive soft starter for Electromotor by Radpump, Iran
- ISCAD - Intelligent Stator Cage Drive by Volabo, Germany
- Sustainable High-Performance Rotor by breuckmann eMobility GmbH, Germany
- Fast manufactured linear motor winding for high speed transportation systems
by HyperPoland, Poland
Coming from all over the world and representing a cross-section through various industries, winners will be announced onsite at CWIEME Berlin.
"We are delighted to be part of the CWIEME Global Awards Jury and very pleased to sponsor the awards this year," said Lohit Shringi, Global Sales Manager, DuPont. "Being a member of the jury gives us the chance to see the huge potential of the innovative power spurring engineers on to achieve ever better and more energy efficient products, in particular with regard to e-motor design. We very much look forward to congratulating all winners of this outstanding competition.”
"Not only are we delighted for our jury to see so many strong submissions this year, but we look forward with great anticipation to the final results," said Rozana Noja, CWIEME Portfolio Director. “Once again, CWIEME Berlin will shine as the knowledge hub for electrical components and e-mobility.”
The presentation ceremony and reception will take place on Wednesday 22 May at CWIEME Berlin in the EV Momentum Theatre and networking lounge, Hall 3.1 from 5.30pm – 7pm at the Messe Berlin. As space is limited, grab your seat early!
The world’s largest event dedicated to coil winding, electric motors, transformers and generators. For over 24 years, the CWIEME exhibition and conference has been at the forefront of the global electric motor, generator, transformers and EV market. This world-renowned event provides the largest platform to showcase the latest high-end products/ solutions and thought-leaders focused on electric motors, transformers and generators (EMTG) technologies across three regions – EMEA, Asia and Americas.
CWIEME Berlin is the leading event for the supply chain of EMEA’s coil winding, electric motor, generator and transformer industry with a manufacturing volume of around 100 billion dollars. Located in the heart of European manufacturing, CWIEME also plays a central role in showcasing the world’s largest range of components, materials, and technologies for automotive and e-mobility applications. www.coilwindingexpo.com/Berlin. CWIEME is a division of ITE Group PLC.
Blue Gecko Marketing GmbH
Media relations CWIEME Berlin
+49 6421 9684352
+44 (0)20 3545 9875
Marketing Manager – CWIEME